Green For All’s Business Engagement Strategies are designed to create, sustain, and expand green jobs in America. These strategies leverage the work of Green For All’s policy and field teams to empower stakeholders and mobilize capital so that our advocacy leads to real economic recovery and environmental restoration.
Green For All has partnered with the University of Phoenix to convene a series of Business Academies aimed at supporting green entrepreneurs and small business owners – particularly those coming from low-income areas and communities of color. Because these groups have been historically marginalized, knowledge and networks are essential to their success in the emerging green economy. While there are plenty of resources available that explain how to write a business plan, small business owners also need to connect with local organizations and community stakeholders that can collectively help them grow their enterprises. The Business Academies do just that.
Business Coaching and Mentoring for Green Entrepreneurs
After an extensive nationwide search, Green For all is proud to support a cohort of 26 green entrepreneurs for our 2013 Business Coaching and Mentoring Program. In partnership with Accenture and the International Coaching Federation, this selective program aims to empower small business entrepreneurs—especially those located in or serving vulnerable communities—with the support to grow their companies. During the six-month program, our entrepreneurs meet with their matched coach or mentor at least twice each month. Learn more about the program here.
Check out our most recent blog posts and media related to business engagement below. If you have an idea for a blog, email email@example.com.
- Urban League’s New Fund Aims to Spur Growth of Small Businesses
- Entrepreneurs network, gain skills at L.A. Business Academy
- New Strategic Partnership with Small Business Majority
- Press Release: Green For All Responds to President’s Call to Lead Sustainable Energy Transition with 2013 Mentoring and Coaching Program for Green Entrepreneurs
- Green For All Business Engagement and Mentoring Program Graduate Honored at Pre-Inaugural Reception
- Green For All Announces the 2013 Business Mentoring and Coaching Program for Green Entrepreneurs
- Green For All, University of Phoenix Host Oakland Green Business Academy
- Think Outside the Boss: The Benefits of Worker-Owned Cooperatives
- What’s Really Happening With Green Jobs
Our goal is to build the capacity of key businesses and nonprofit organizations to support, create and expand green jobs in our local communities. We do this by providing tools like research papers, reference guides, and how-to toolkits. By addressing issues regarding employment, procurement, and access to capital, we seek to empower our stakeholders — particularly those from historically marginalized communities — to engage in policy decisions both locally and nationally. Our green business guides cover a variety of subjects, and contain a wealth of information for those seeking to either start their own green business, or “green” their existing business.
Networking is essential to building a thriving green business. Our e-newsletters help connect green business leaders and entrepreneurs. Sign up here.